Blogs I Love

Thursday, October 18, 2012

For starters...

I've been tossing around the idea of starting a blog about our life together... I was unsure if I wanted to or not because blogging just seems so disconnected and impersonal to me sometimes, and I would rather share these stories in person with the friends and family around me. But, as we have moved away from California, we have friends that we can't so easily have face-to-face conversations with anymore, and I still want these dear people to be tuned into our life. So, here it is :)

I've done blogs before, but I always felt like I had to be deep, witty, serious, funny,  or spiritual and then leave you with a seriously intelligent sentence to make you think I was really smart or something. Because of that, I hated blogging! So, this blog will just be my thoughts, our journey, our excitement of a new little life, and us growing together as a family. I hope it puts a smile on your face. I hope this is a happy place to come, and that you enjoy watching our little family (and my belly) grow over these next few months and years!


4 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are chronicling this special part of your life for all of us to read! I know we've never really had a chance to connect very much in "real life," but I have so enjoyed seeing pieces of your life on your old blog and on facebook over the past few years. I too have become frustrated with blogging from time to time, but just remember that it is for YOU! Easier said than done, I know :) You don't have to be witty, poetic, well-spoken, or humorous...you just have to be authentic Emily. And if you are, you'll have one beautiful electronic journal to look back on for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! I'm liking this version of blogging A LOT more this time :)And I've really enjoyed "getting to know you" more over facebook too. We actually aren't very far away from each other now since we've both moved recently! We'll have to get together sometime and do coffee! :)

      Delete
    2. I would love to get together sometime! :)

      Delete
  2. "then leave you with a seriously intelligent sentence to make you think I was really smart or something."

    I know exactly what you mean. :) Hysterical.

    ReplyDelete